Thursday, August 23, 2012

Are you working?

On dear, I've not been writing for the past 2 years :p

Recently I introduced Alpha Course to our church English Congregation.  There are not many people in the English Congregation, only about 20+ people every weekend.  It is encouraging to see 15 participants for this course.

In the 1st lesson, there is a guy who happen to be around when he sent his son to Sun class organized by the church for children.  He saw us and join in the session to listen.

On the Sunday when we go to church for the 2nd lesson, something coincidental happen.  Few days back, a friend gave me a CCTV to install in my car.  He is the manufacturer of the CCTV and he gave the set to me for free, it's so good of him.  I've been playing around with the CCTV and exploring it.

This CCTV requires SD card for storage.  I've got a few SD at home and the night before, I formatted one of the SD to NTFS and clearing space for another SD (the one used by a camera) to be used as spare.

As we were rushing to go to church on Sun (as usual, always rushing), I left the house first to bring Beckham to my in-law's place for dog sitting as no one will be at home.  While in my car, I realized that I didn't bring the SD card for the CCTV.  Thus I called YiFei as asked her to bring along the 2 SD card on the table when I come back to fetch them later.

So I sent Beckham to in-law's place and come back to pick up the family to church.  I go a SD from YiFei and inserted it into the CCTV.  It seems like there's some problem as the CCTV doesn't seems to be able to record.  After thinking for a while, I figured out that it may be because I've formatted in NTFS and it's a format that is not supported by the CCTV.

Thus I asked YiFei to remove the SD and insert the other spare SD.  YiFei was struggling to remove the SD as she is not good with gadgets and tries to insert the other card.  She was asked to do it as I was driving.  As she tries to insert the other cards, it seems like she is experiencing problem and the card flew out.  Thus I got the card from her and inserted it into the CCTV.  I managed to get it inserted, but the CCTV is still not recording.

I couldn't figure it out what is the problem and thought that maybe I've inserted it wrongly as I was driving and couldn't really focus.  Thus I asked YiFei to remove the card and this time round she was not able to do it no matter how she tries.  As I was on the expressway, I couldn't help.  Then we I was approaching church and stopped at a traffic light junction, I tried to remove the card but I was also not able to to remove it.

As you can see, the whole journey my mind was focused on the CCTV and memory cards and I couldn't prepared myself for the Alpha course.  I reached the car park and spent 5 minutes in the car trying to remove the memory card unsuccessfully.  It's running late, thus I removed the CCTV and bring it along to the church.

I was a little late, but the session has not started yet as we were waiting for another person to arrive.  I was at a corner trying very hard to remove the memory card and getting frustrated.  As I examined my emotions during this period of time, I realized that something is wrong.  I had been focusing on the worldly things and getting frustrated and not feeling joyful of the good Sunday morning when we are going to have fun through the 2nd lesson in Alpha.

I decided to put it down and start praying.  When I gave up, God's work in my life started to take effect.  The new guy who joined us for Alpha last week was there observing me struggling with my gadget.  He figured it out that I was trying to remove a memory card and he offered to helping highlighted that he is in IT line.  It's good that someone can help though I'm not sure if he is able to help as I'm also in the IT line :p  Thus I passed the CCTV to him while I prepared to get myself ready for the Alpha course.

I saw him taking out some tools and started work.  Now I figured it out that it's a different IT line that we were in.  I'm in software, while he is in hardware... lol

After trying and struggling, he managed to get the memory card out for me and we found out that it was a wrong memory card inserted into the CCTV that caused it to jam.  Instead of SD, I inserted Memory Stick.  No wonder.

As I recollect all the events, I realized that there are so many things that has happened that is so coincidental.

1.  An IT guy put in the Alpha course when we only intended to plan it for our current members in the English Congregation.
2.  I formatted a SD in NTFS, left another SD in the computer, 1 MS on the table.
3.  I forgot to bring the SD when I left the house
4.  I bring the CCTV to the church to try to remove the memory card

If any of these events did not take place or happen differently, it will be a different story that I'm writing that makes me feel the presence of God when I'm so focused in my life and my own world.

I ought to give thanks to the precise construction of events otherwise I may have to throw the CCTV away as I don't think I'll be able to take out the memory card on my own without destroying it or I'll have no inspiring story to share.

No comments: