Friday, December 26, 2008

Court Case

I bought a pot for my mother-in-law and she complained that there's some problem with the pot.

So on 13 Nov at around 11:30am, I brought the pot to the service center for report. To my disappointment, no one was there. I guessed they had gone for early lunch. I do not want to stay there, but I do not know where to go.

Then I thought I might as well go back to my old office where I've not gone back for quite a few months as it was not too far from there.

I've moved to new office in Bukit Merah Central since Mar, but once a few month, while I'll go back to Peminpin to check if there's any mail for me.

I was shocked that there's 3 letters to me from IRAS. It was a court summon which was scheduled on 12 Dec 2008. The letter was sent on 5 Nov 2008. The reason being that I've not file income tax return for my company for the past 5 years (starting year 2003).

It's a long story. This income tax thing has been my nightmare since I took over the full operation of this company in year 2004.

To avoid going to court, I've got deadline up till 8 Dec 2008 to submit the income tax return for 2003 - 2006 and pay a penalty totaling to $2550 :(

To cut story short, this period has been very stressful for me as I've not been keeping proper record and doing my accounts. Thank God, I came back to office that day and not few days later, I managed to get things settled on 9 Dec 2008. I've gone to banks many time to request for lost bank statement, got someone to do my accounts for me, find an auditor, digged out past records, account for the descrepancies, etc. Everything was very very rush and not to mention the amount of money I'll need to spend during this period :p

Thank God again that the project that I talked about in the previous post was finally closed after spending about 9 months on it. Otherwise, I don't know how I can take the stress.

No comments: